Continuing on from my previous post on Gratitude, I would like to share a piece that I wrote on my other blog when I was living in Ghana. Living there taught me so many things. One thing I learnt was to never take anything for granted, and to be grateful for all that we are blessed to have in this gorgeous country of ours.
This list is 15 of the things that most of us take for granted every day.
I will never take these simple things for granted again.
1. A constant and reliable electricity supply.
2. A constant and reliable water supply.
3. Sanitation; rubbish removal, sealed gutters, a litter free environment.
4. Public toilets; any toilets but especially those you can flush and even better those you can flush the paper down.
5. Clean beaches and oceans.
6. Access to anything that I want, need or desire whenever I want, need or desire it.
7. Basic human rights for everybody.
8. A political system, police system, government system, all systems for that matter free of corruption.
9. Education for all children.
10.Freedom of choice in anything and everything.
11.Traffic free roads.
12.Minimum wage and/or at least Government support for those who need it.
13.Access to free quality health care.
14.Pollution free air.
15.My beautiful homeland.